Moderator: Moderators

<<

UseLess

Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:48 pm

[DEV] Syntax Highlighter 1.0.14

Greetings,

After having read the changes to the mod validation requirements I have decided not to update this mod.

Support will be provided for the last release version which is 1.0.12 but 1.0.14 will not be released and will not be submitted for validation by the phpBB MOD Team.
Movie Quote:
It's not the years honey, it's the mileage...
phpBB 3 Mods @ phpBBStyles
<<

Xanta

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:14 am

Re: [DEV] Syntax Highlighter 1.0.14

I would be interested to know what changes you don't like?

I have had a few issues with the validation team myself over the last couple of weeks while the latest version of my MOD was being validated.
<<

UseLess

Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:05 am

Greetings,

Quoted from here:
All MODs are installed with AutoMOD prior to being accepted in the MODs Database. As such, any MOD listed in the MOD Database should install with AutoMOD.

Never used it and don't intend to start anytime soon. And as it's a requirement that a MOD installs with it I won't be submitting any MODs for validation.
Movie Quote:
<<

Xanta

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:25 am

I wouldn't worry to much about that. All AutoMOD does is follow the MODX file. As long as your MODX file is properly formatted it will work.

The other option is to just release your MODs on here. i have been considering doing the same, saves all the hassle of submitting it.
<<

UseLess

Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:01 am

Greetings,

I know it should work... but there are bound to be times when something fails. MOD gets rejected and you have to fix it. Then enter the cycle of MOD hell.

The other thing that really annoyed me was:
A Quote:
MOD Team wrote:You have commented out code in several places in the file. If you're not going to use code, it's better to remove it from the file.

Nice to know all the MOD team are singing from the same page. As MODs submitted, and approved, after mine have lots of commented code blocks... just like phpBB itself does.

And you know me I've always installed MODs manually it may take more time but you certainly get to know how the system works... you won't get the same reward when clicking buttons.

And I am thinking about releasing the MODs on here, just busy working the latest version of the Help Generator which now works sort of the same as the way the board config does. Just got to figure out a way of setting which generator you want to use in which forum, there's only 2 at the moment 'help' and 'support', it was easy when there was only 1 generator but now there could be a few it would be nice to be able to set some way of defining which one you want and in which forums. Have a look in the ACP -> Board Features near the bottom and you'll see what I mean... there's space to enter the forum ids for each type (bottom one is support gen but says help at the moment) but what if you put the same forum ids in both .... ?

And if you do play with the support generator don't click the generate post button as it won't do anything at the moment, not done the script to handle it yet (well at the time of posting this).
Movie Quote:
<<

Xanta

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:25 pm

I understand totaly. I submitted my MOD for an update recently and it was denied because an old update file from over a year ago, from an alpha version, was not using the latest ModX version. So I had to restart the cycle from scratch!

And for the help generator, would it be easier to move it to the forum creation screen. When creating, or editing, a forum you choose from a dropdown which, if any, generator you want to use. Then on the posting page just a quick check of the forum table to see if a generator is needed and load the button. It will be a bit of extra coding but could be the easiest way of doing it in the long run.
<<

UseLess

Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:38 pm

Greetings,

Was trying to avoid altering lots of files, but looks like it's unavoidable as adding it to the forum page is probably the easiest way to do it. And with that will have to make the button more general, i.e. one button to do lots of generators, as it'll be fairly easy to add a new generator by altering just 1 file I then need to make the javascript file more general so 1 file handles any template instead of having a script for each template.
Movie Quote:
<<

Markstar

Very New Member
Very New Member

Post Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:29 pm

Hi,
as in the other thread, I wanted to say thank you for all your work and I hope you do decide to let others in on future developments. :P

Kind regards,
Markstar
<<

UseLess

Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:23 am

Greetings,

Locking this.

See this post: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=91
Movie Quote:

Return to phpBB 3 MODs [Development - Public]